Guidelines for Reviewers
➢ BASIC AXES FOR THE ARTICLES FORMAL ASSESSMENT
1. CONNECTION BETWEEN THE ARTICLE AND THE FIELD OF SYSTEMIC THEORY AND PRACTICE/FAMILY THERAPY. To which degree does the article contribute to a dialogue in the field of systemic theory and practice/family therapy? To which degree does it concern the readers and the journal itself? To what extent does the author demonstrate the connection of his/her text with systemic thought or/and practice?
2. ORIGINAL CONTENT. To what extent do the authors’ views introduce new reflections in the field? If the authors echo views which were published before, do they acknowledge this in their text?
3. ARTICLE'S STRUCTURE AND COHERENCE. To which extent is the article endowed with a structure and consistency, so that each one of its different parts reflects its content or in other words, does every part of the text present what the authors promise? To what extent is the text’s structure consistent in a way that makes it easier for the readers to follow the authors’ thought. Do the authors support their subject with clarity? Are their arguments convincing and well-established?
4. CRITICAL THINKING. Especially if it is a theoretical essay, to which degree do the authors develop their own critical view towards the existent literature or apply it to their own text?
5. OTHER COMMENTARIES
➢ GENERAL EVALUATION OF AN ARTICLE
1. WE PROPOSE THAT THE ARTICLE SHOULD NOT TO BE PUBLISHED
- •Because it is not related to the field of Systemic thought and practice/it does not concern the journal Metalogos
- •It has problems with its structure and coherence.
2. WE PROPOSE AN ARTICLE FOR PUBLICATION WHEN
- •The article can be published but it needs significant corrections and changes.
- •The article can be published but it needs small modifications.
- •The article can be published without any modifications.
3. OTHER SUGGESTIONS